Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back on treadmill and back on track..

It has been almost two years now since I last stepped on a treadmill; it was exactly on the 25th of October 2005 when I went to the, very much OK, recreational center at UCF with my bottle of water and headset, ready and excited to get some calories off and out. I tuned my channel, put my headset and started my workout by walking slowly and gradually increasing the speed.. but it was not that long before I fell off, on and out of the treadmill!!! And it was quite a fall or the fall!!!

Since then we kept our distance, barely had any contact whatsoever, not even eye contact.. Ridiculously enough it was on Friday the 13th of this month when we made peace again, and it was quite a return :)


It is somehow similar to take courage, move on and sit behind the steering wheel again after a big accident without fearing high speeds and sudden brakes.. and yes it took me a month, I, the speed lover!!..
or to press on, keeping the good memories and see, with eyes of forgiveness and acceptance, an old friend after a not so friendly aloofness.. the examples on this particular case, for some reason, are not few!!and will be kept unmentioned to shun jealousy ;) ..
or on a bigger scale, take a leap of faith and hope and be able to trust again overlooking the scars and the hurts.. for time alone doesn’t heal anything really, but as someone once said; it is what we do during that time which will help us see the colors again, reconcile and have quite a return..


I still feel embarrassed even upon remembering that day in that gym :s but I can not forget the fun I have on the treadmill.

Getting back on track and reconciling is a miracle we choose to make but unfortunately, not so many people allow themselves to witness and live one..

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude no worries fall down 8 times get up 9 I live by that. I run 45 (9miles daily for 5 days) miles a week and when I get on the hamster wheel(treadmill) and put on my head phones I step into a world where everything and everyone for those 60 minutes is irrelevant....kudos for going back dude :D

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not a matter of treadmill or workingout few kilograms, it is overcoming our fears(do you remember "The Pigeon" for Patrick Suskind).

GOOD LUCK MAJD
And, drive carefully.

Thanks

ALHAMID

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Zerocool,

thanks for dropping a comment.. though 30 minutes on the treadmill is way enough for me :)


ALHAMID,

facing ones fear is a choice, once taken though, a miracle of reconciliation will start to be under construction
am an overly cautious driver now :)
thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home