Friday, June 09, 2006

OK... here we go

I was talking the other day with Eastern whom I haven’t seen for quite a while; despite of the fact that we go to the same school and live in the same city, we sometimes communicate through the blogsphere!! :)

I was wondering why I don’t use my real name..
Does that make it more mysterious??
Not at all.. at least not for me..

Does it by any means protect me??
From what?? If I have the courage and boldness to say something then I have to say it loud else there is no meaning to it..

Is it embarrassing when people I know find out about it?
So what?? They will get to know me better or may be not at all :)

2 years ago a very dear friend of mine first invited me to this blogging world, we created youngsouls together and I remember giving him a lot of trouble that day.. when it came to choosing a name he asked me to pick a nickname which I thought was bloggers protocol, after so many names & trials Petra was it.

Today I decided to start using my name ;) I hope it will turn out good

Alla yostor
Have a beautiful one

9 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger The Eyewitness said...

A big step towards more freedom, but hope that revealing your name will not prevent you from writing what you wanna write.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Eve said...

tcharrafna Majd, what a nice name you have :)

I think about that too. but i've come to be attached to eve now. i dont know how much of me is Eve and how much is N. anymore.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger African Doctor said...

It is amazing how we get our identity through the name, or is it the opposite?
does the name describe our identity or does it give us a new identity?

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Majd,
It is much better to use our names, not to choose another name to hide or expose something behind it.
Why people dress very well and try to be very nice looking, smelling, and behaving when they are out gathering with friends or in restaurant, cinema.
Paulo Coelho said in "The Zahir" that we do so to share the best of us with others.
OK, if you agree with that(I do), then is the opposite true?!!..
I mean hiding the real identity is to share the worst of us with those who can not see or know us.
It is an extreme case, but it is to clarify my point.
Life is too complex and a heritage of human behavior is controlling everybody's actions and specially reactions.
Thanks
ALHAMID

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Majd Batarseh said...

the eyewitness,
freedom??? am not sure but it is more like trust :)

Eastern,
Petra lived with me for 2 years now.. but being a batarseh is no different in the sense of stubberness :) 6a5er ya 3ammi ;)

Eve,
kollek zo2..
i know what you are talking about :)


Africano,
welcome back..
names are for sure identifiers but they are not the only means.. i kept both :)

ALHAMID,
i don't consider nicknames to be hiding places, on the contrary they tell you a bit about the person.
thanks for droping by :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger ensanbey7ess said...

على الرغم انى شفت البوست من اول ما اتنشر و لكنى فضلت انتظر اسبوع عشان لما اسئلك عن احساسك الان و هل وجدتى ما تبحثين عنه بعد التغير ؟؟ , يبقى للسؤال معنى

brave action , very nice real name

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" they tell you a bit about the person."
Yeeeeah, that is also true,
in this case someone is choosing some name which fits him most,
an idea which is nicely presented in the blog worlds.
But, in contrast with Ensan, choosing to use our real name is an ordinary action, not a brave action.
Though, your real name is optimistic and really nice, as your neckname.
Thanks
ALHAMID

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Majd Batarseh said...

Ensan,
it feels new :) just as if this is the first time i blog!!
it feels good ;)

Alhamid,
thanks :)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger layal said...

this is my 1st time to be in your blog & it's good to know your reall name

 

Post a Comment

<< Home