Saturday, September 08, 2007

A day at the ER!!

Yesterday I had one the roughest days ever SO FAR!! I was exercising and went to a kickboxing class which was great but unfortunately I hurt my back and precisely the sciatic nerve!! The pain was not humanly bearable for me.. I was on the verge of passing out numerous times not standing the pain.. I was rushed to the emergency room in the nearest hospital, it gave me some kind of relief that the pain would stop soon assuming i would be treated right away but that relief feeling was only for a short period of time since I had to wait for a minimum of THREE HOURS before anyone would see me.. I was almost unconscious for most of the 40 minutes I waited in that dreadful place then I decided it is no use waiting and wanted to leave.. I was then treated IMMEDIATELY by a wonderful MD relative whose spouse suffered some kind of sciatica as well a while ago and to whom am very grateful.. am doing a lot better now, thank God, and I know it will take me a couple of weeks to be back on my feet again kicking and boxing ;) but my short ER experience was of great frustration to me, those places would make healthy people sick let alone the already unwell.. and why on earth would be it called EMERGENCY ROOM from the first place!!! I was told that 3 hours is the minimum for patients before anyone would check them!!!!!! And yes I appreciated the medical care I would have been given if I were home where emergency means what it is and where being pampered would be legitimate and justifiable :) .. I will try to be more attentive next time to the signals I receive for life gives us warnings and it is up to us to take them seriously and act accordingly or ignore them and take responsibility of the consequences.. in short, life is always on our side, and it is on mine!!

Am still enjoying my weekend and especially with the amazing Roger Federer winning the 2007 US Open-Grand Slam Tennis- semi final game and making it for the men’s singles final tomorrow against the 20 years old talented Novak Djokovic.. and here I quote what Frederer answered when asked about tomorrow’s championship game facing Djokovic, “I was able to beat him both times in straight sets, but you know, these guys improve quickly. I felt that in Montréal. Hopefully I can beat him again this time around”



So try not to miss it tomorrow ;)


4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Majd,
I am really sorry to hear that, but it is great to know that you will kick and box again.
Actually, you are advancing in both the sport and the sport injuries, when it was only treadmill you fell and stopped for two years, but with kickboxing it was "the roughest days ever".
I noticed you are speaking Paulo Coelho "signals I receive, life gives us warnings"!. Is it all about this Sciatic nerve?!.
I wish you all the best, and getting back on your feet soon

Thank You

ALHAMID

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Majd,
I am really sorry to hear what happened with you and hope the people at the ER that left you in pain get a taste of the same cup one day. I know how the ER is and it is not fun.
Biking, the treadmill, and now kick boxing!! you are so much fun on the floor and you get too excited when you play.
Please take care of yourself when you play sports.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOOOL advancing in sports and sports injuries!!! hopefully in 2 weeks i will be able to do what i couldnt last weekend and i will surely post sth if i survived it :)
Life gives us signals always and in everything but i somehow ignored them all lately!! challenging life is a misconception in my view coz i know now that life is on our side no matter what and when bad things happen it is because we missed the warnings :)
thank u ALHAMID



Anonymous,
thank u very much.. i will try to take it easy :) but with no exercise now, try to keep the brownies away as well!!! :)
god bless

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sandra Reda said...

Majd...really sorry 4 what u've been sorry. I just wanna tell u that I have a chronic scieteic nerve inflamatory..whenever I do a specific move that I can't identify so far I get terrible pain..I know how bad it is I really know..take it easy..u need 2 relax..tell me about the kick boxing...deserves giving a shot??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home