Friday, September 09, 2005

A Late Friday Evening

I walked in straight direct to where I found it last time.. I grabbed it, waited a couple of minutes for someone to leave so that I could sit on .. actually in!.. one of the cozy coaches instead of the wooden uncomfortable chairs.. & only then I was totally taken to the deepest and most inner caves of the hidden “me”.. he always succeeds in doing that; in taking me far away from everyone & everything around me.. “The Zahir” is another amazing, breath taking adventure.. I haven’t bought the book YET but I will, eventually.. now I am enjoying those stolen precious hours in the middle of a hectic busy crazy day when I sneak out of that cubicle space where I spend most of my week.. those are my secret private wonderful hours at “Barnes and Noble”.. I was roaming between France and Spain where the events took place.. it was so enough to cherish the moments & memories so dear & yet so abandoned..

When it was time for me to leave I marked the page, closed the book & realized the smile drawn on my face.. I do believe that only the good writer is the one who manages to create a personal intimate relation with her/his readers and that is the way it goes with Paulo Coelho.. while reading any of his books I really want to be his only fan till I finish it then & only then I would tell everyone I meet about him & about the book.

I left that beautiful place filled with different people, diverse colors & races, various tongs & languages, covering all age ranges.. I wished the three medicine students so immersed in their thick books & sophisticated discussion, the cool guy indulged in his “magazine”.. u know!! & another serious looking young man wearing his glasses on his forehead busy surfing the political dull book in his hand I wished them all a good night, stepped outside still hearing the echo of the magical music and reciting those lines which I couldn’t resist writing down:

“when I had nothing more to lose, I was given everything, when I ceased to be who I am, I found myself.. when I experienced humiliation & yet kept walking I understood that I was free to choose my destiny…”

Good night..

5 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IRAQI troops are to take over security at Baghdad Airport after the UK security company in charge...
IRAQI troops are to take over security at Baghdad Airport after the UK security company in charge shut it down because of a pay dispute with the fledgling government.
Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I didn't know you could find all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my buy a pocketbike related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest or fun.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tololy said...

Branes & Noble. My sister never let me enter that place, she feared for my health. I am addicted to books, when I see a book I haven't read yet I am enveloped in both curiousity and shame. Imagine how it's like walking into a book store for me, it physically pains me.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Majd Batarseh said...

you wont believe it but i enjoy walking between the aisles of books i love the smell, the peace & tranquility & sometimes the mystery behind each & every book
& i also enjoy the coffee & music at Barnes & Noble :D
so just come with me :) i will talk to your sister ;)
God Bless

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Tololy said...

The damage is done Petra. I no longer have access to Barnes & Noble's miracles. But here's an idea, if we ever meet up, let's make it in a bookshop!

Books are such wonderful things,aren't they? I'm glad you share my passion for them.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger cathy said...

Hi! Got here through African Doctor's Photo blog.

I was attracted to this entry because of "The Zahir" (and because I can only read english).. I've been waiting for the book to be published in our country but it haven't reached us yet.

You enjoy reading? Cool. Enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home